Dubai is the jewel in the crown of the United Arab Emirates. This cosmopolitan metropolis is a cultural melting pot where ancient and modern meet to create an atmosphere of sights, sounds, smells, tastes and textures you won’t experience anywhere else in the world.
Visitors can expect to be met with a fascinating mixture of influences. Experience traditional Arabian hospitality and ancient cultural remnants alongside breath-taking examples of modern development in the ‘new’ Dubai.
Dubai’s attractions include the following must-see places:
- Dubai Marina – This is often referred to as the face of the new city. The JBR Walk is one of the most popular tourist attractions here. You will find everything from high-end fashion boutiques to street art and many more entertaining sights and venues along this beachfront boulevard.
- Dubai Creek – Here you will see remnants of old traditions. One of the best ways to experience this natural attraction and kick off your sightseeing is from a traditional Dhow Cruise, as the creek’s waters bisect the city.
- Deira – Shop to your heart’s content in this hive of activity. Explore the famous souks and pick up some local treasures. Be sure not to miss the gold souk, which, as the name suggests, is dedicated to jewelry.
- Bur Dubai – This area is a great place to explore if you’re a fan of the history and architecture, since you’ll see many historical buildings here. Lovers of culture can visit the Dubai Museum, and history buffs will love the Bastikiya. This is one of the oldest residential areas in the city, dating back to the 1690s. Also located here is the Sheikh Mohd Center of Cultural Understanding. Besides its main goal of cross-cultural understanding and communication, this center strives to demystify the culture, customs and religion of the United Arab Emirates.
- Sheikh Zayed Road – This is the place to go to see examples of the splendid new city, as this highway is lined with stunning, statuesque buildings.
- The Burj Khalifa – The tallest building in the world today and home to one of the most luxurious hotels in existence, this tower is a prime example of the indulgence and opulence you can enjoy on vacation here. While you’re at the Burj Khalifa, you can see the famous Dubai Fountains dance.
- The Palm Jumeirah – A spectacular artificial archipelago in the shape of a palm tree, this is another modern marvel you simply can’t miss.
- The Jumeirah Mosque – This is the most photographed mosque in the world, and for good reason. This magnificent building is a sight to behold.
Other things to do in Dubai include the following:
- If you’re in the mood for a refined treat, you can enjoy a lavish high tea at the iconic Burj Al Arab, another one of the modern marvels that epitomize the modern side of the city.
- Take in the magic of the landscape on a sundowner safari across the desert.
- Explore the dramatic canyons and rocky valleys of the Hajar Mountains.
- For a completely different perspective, see the city from the sky on a panoramic Seawings flight.
- This city is a shopper’s paradise, home to over 70 malls, including the largest mall in the world, Dubai Mall, which also houses an aquarium. Then there are the equally famous souk districts where you can shop for traditional wares to your heart’s content.
This city of breath-taking paradoxes is not only a shopper’s paradise or a stopover for high-flying executives. It is also a great place for families, dreamy honeymooners and an all-round fantastic vacation destination thanks to the amazing variety of activities and attractions on offer.
Come to the jewel of the UAE and experience the various marvels on offer in Dubai.
from $2560 *
from $1810 *
Started in 1996 as a retail event which was intended to revitalize retail trade in Dubai, the Dubai Shopping Festival has since grown to into one of the biggest tourist attractions in the United Arab Emirates. During the Dubai Shopping Festival, shops offers big ...Details Inquire